Thursday, May 24, 2007

Edits

Hello.

Finally found a good highlight package from yesterday, and I'll be linking to that with the score at the top of my last entry.

In the interest of full disclosure, I thought I'd point out that I'll be making a few edits to yesteday's re-cap. I know this goes against my previously-stated policy. But, you know, I'm telling you about it here, so I don't feel so bad. I'll give you a list of things I left-out that will heretofore be included: Ratings for Zenden and Reina, more detail on Kaka and Gerrard from this match, and a couple more Youtube links to help you with my player descriptions. Also I'll be ditching a few commas and comma-related phrases. Do I always write like that? You must think I stutter. I think I write like I talk, and when I talk I often use pauses to enhance my point. But in writing it just drags everything along, and if I'm already doing twenty five HUNDRED words on one soccer match, I could at least make it go as quickly as possible for you.

Also, a defense of that decision. As stated previously, I had Fox Soccer Channel for some time, and it was a benchmark of my day. My weekend mornings - previously non-existent - revolved around the live English matches. Goals of the week, saves of the week... these were very important to me. I understand that 100 percent of the people reading this are American, and that most Americans don't care. That's why I've made numerous efforts - (1), (2), (3) - to draw you Yanks in, and I will continue to do so. If you're not interested, skip that stuff to the basketball and football. But your kids like this game a lot more than you do, and someday soon you will be the old people who don't get it. Now's your best chance to start paying attention.

Coming up soon, my latest thoughts on Jason Giambi, the NBA playoffs... probably something else. That's all for now.

Happy birthday Robert Zimmerman.

Good day.

No comments: